Eyes of Faith
With faithless eyes I see you there perhaps alone, it's dark, you're scared. I wonder what you think and what you dream if you ever see a smiling face or pleasant scene. With faithless heart my anxious thoughts border on insane. I wonder what you're doing, my thoughts multiply in vain. Yet with longing faith I see you there embraced by Love and guarded soundly by Heaven's Care. With eyes of childlike faith you see: the angels~ heaven's messengers smiling, laughing, playing with you joyfully. Oh Gracious Father, keep her well and safe entertain her every waking thought and bless her sleep with visions of your dear face. Whisper in her ear Lord, by us both so loved is she. Place within her tender heart a longing for eternity and me. Wise Lord in all Your mercy, I ask You to keep her strong and shortly~~ very shortly send us to bring our daughter home. Until then, help me see her, as long as we must wait, not with eyes of doubt and fear, but full of hope and faith.
~Martha Hackenberger
Sunday, October 1, 2006
Eyes of Faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment