This is the hard part of Chinese adoption:
This spring we took DD to Disneyland and she loved it! She saw an advertisment for it tonight and she wanted to know when we would go back to California. I told her I didn't know but that we would be back soon since most of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are there. She surprised me by saying "and my Chinese Mommy?" I said no, I think she probably still lives in China. She wanted to know when we were going to go to China to see her. I explained to her (which I have done in the past but maybe she's just now ready to deal with this) that we don't know who her Chinese Mommy is. I told her that although we can go back to visit China we probably won't ever be able to visit her Chinese Mommy. She was understandable upset. She held me super tight and said, "Mommy! I NEED you to do this for me!" Oh, sweet baby, I wish I could!
This has made a decision for me. I will be contacting Brian S to have him do a birthparent search analysis.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow. How much success does Brian S. have?
Sorry! I just saw your comment. Clearly I don't check this often enough!
I'm really not sure how much success he has. I used his services once before. He was able to get me a copy of the newspaper that her finding ad was in and also a dvd of Yulin City.
I haven't heard back from him yet on this subject.
Post a Comment