Wait and Hope

"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord." Psalm 27:14

How long we have been a forever family!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our Dare Devil







We have known for a long time now that Lila has no fear. Greg and I were talking last night and decided that there must be angels watching out for her.

When she was 10 months old we had to watch her like a hawk if she was on the couch. She thought nothing of taking a nose dive off of it. I don't know if she just assumed we would catch her or she just wasn't scared. Thankfully she quickly learned how to get off the couch by herself without falling! I think we did catch her every time though.

There have been other incidents though where she could have really hurt herself and she's barely made a wimper. For example, she has flipped herself over the arm of the couch on both Greg and I. SCARY! When she did it to me she flipped over the side by the fire place! She landed with her back on the stone hearth and her precious head in the ONE spot that couldn't hurt her! I thought for sure we would be going to the ER but she barely cried for 20 seconds. Tough kiddo. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting this in writing!

Here is a picture of our little adrenaline girl (I think it's Mommy's adrenaline BTW) standing on her car. I think we are in for more than a few heart stopping moments with Lila! FYI - she didn't have any problem whatsoever getting herself up there. That girl has an amazing ability to balance!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

*laugh* Watch out! She's a little daredevil!