This morning while I was getting ready for church, Lila was playing at my feet. She was pretending that a dust buster was a Barbie car and her kazoo and a highlighter were her dolls. (Let me just say here that yes, she does have real toys. She just prefers to play with odd everyday objects and trash.) Apparently one doll was the mom and the other was the child. The child kept asking the mom questions, things like when are we leaving? What are we going to do today? Over and over and over. Anyway the mom was responding very kindly to every question. She would say things like, "In five minutes, sweetie." When the child was doing something the mom didn't like she would firmly but kindly say, "Sweetie, please don't do that."
I thought, wow, if this is the example my parenting is giving her I must be doing a pretty good job. Way to go Mom!
Shortly after I got done patting myself on the back the mom snapped at the child, "You're killing me, dude!" Ah yes, that sounds more like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HA! That's funny. :)
LOL That is funny!!! So where has she heard that? :)
Post a Comment