Wait and Hope

"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord." Psalm 27:14

How long we have been a forever family!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ramblings

We were very thankful to have Lila for our second Thanksgiving with her. I so vividly remember all those years of holidays we spent saying "This will be our last Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, insert holiday here that we ever spend without our little girl." All that pain from waiting just disappears like magic the second you see your little one's face. I was reminded of this last night as I was reading a blog by a family that just got home with their daughter a week ago and spent their first holiday with her after saying those same words we did for 3 years.

Lila loved the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on TV the other night. She was particularly enthralled with Snoopy, except she calls him Newfie. On every commercial she would say, "I want to watch Newfie!" over and over and over....

Lately, whenever Greg does something for Lila she tells him, "Good girl!" It is so cute! As Greg says, "she means it as such a compliment how can you get upset with being called a girl?"

Lila doesn't really understand the concept of Christmas but she knows its something special that brings special Christmas music, trees, movies, and Santa. She has really gotten into Christmas music and constantly asks for "Chrishmush." She can sing Jingle Bells really well. Over the last day or two she has started saying "I LOVE IT" with much enthusiasm about anything Christmas. She says it with such force that her little fists are clenched and her little body is trembling!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

SO CUTE! I love "Newfie" too. :)